Wednesday, January 2, 2013

and from out of nowhere i get this email....so stoked.

Max, I bought your most recent tee when I saw it on you blog. I live here in Oakland and you put in a nice note about keeping 'em in NorCal. Pretty sweet. Anyway, last week I went to DC to see a friend's band, Dag Nasty. They had not played together in like 20 years and it was a really big deal among a certain set of us now-grown punk kids. And while I've always been tight with all the others, I had not seen their original singer, Shawn, in decades. Here is a pic of us together at the show. I thought it might amuse you. Thanks for your always entertaining blog, the amazing choppers, and of course the shirt! Cheers, Michael Ryan
michael, this made my day. thank you

8 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Sweet history, nice.

jaybird said...

so rAd!!!!

Shawn Brown said...

What a fun nite! Awesome catching up with Mike. 4Q!

max schaaf said...

....awesome. Thanks again mike and shawn!

pug said...

hey mike-

it was good to see you there. Great show(s) both nights. You still have that ducati?
yes i look at 4Q, too.
alright,
alec

ps. what's up max. sorry i couldn't get to brklyn invitational. last year... here's to 2013!

Unknown said...

I loves me some Dag Nasty!!!

Daniel said...

What Can I Say!!!!!!!!!! Hey Max, Alicin and Emily just hooked me up with one of the 4Q shirts you sent them. Thanks a lot! It was good meeting/skating with you man! Everybody check out Shawn Brown's new band Red Hare,heard a song,sounds rad. Enjoy 2013.
Dan. Austin/Tejas.

max schaaf said...

alec.... somewhere own the road.

Dan... so glad you all got that stuff. thanks again for hooking up the skate when i was there. see you soon i hope. max