Tuesday, May 3, 2011

she got lathes

my friend scott is the obgyn at the local
hospital. when he was informed the hospitals
old tool room was being torn down he let a janitor
do a check up on a patient and the janitor in turn
let scott slide out the 3000 pound lathe. scott
in turn let me put it in the back of my geo metro
and the rest as they say is ...... something that
happened in the past.
thank you scott.
------------------

She's got lathes, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's holdin' lathes wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
Yeah, it's alright.

She's got hair down to her fanny.
She's kinda jet set, try undo her panties.
Everytime she's dancin' she knows what to do.
Everybody wants to see if she can use it.
She's so fine, she's all mine,
Girl, you got it right.

She's got lathes, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's got a dime all of the time,
Stays out at night movin' through time.
Oh, I want her, shit, I got to have her,
The girl is alright, she's alright.






almost free.
buying hand made
guitars from
people that
don't play guitar.

19 comments:

Sheabones said...

Lathe And Creathe!

Throwback said...

Thats a heavy duty turner man. I'll bet it wasnt used that much either being at a hospital an all. You can hold some tight tolerances with that if you had to.

TaylorSizemore said...

The king of tools. LATHE.

josh r said...

convertable metro?

Ailton© said...

i wonder how you did transport that on the back of your scooter :"P

I also found this >>> http://theinterzine.com/ :")

OldStuffsFuckinMental said...

One of the most useful machinery one can have access to in his garage.
my dad got one in his little wörkshop, and damn, I am again and again surprised what he can do with it.

tiptopdadddy said...

Geo Metro??? How did you avoid busting the leaf springs?

Anonymous said...

you are welcome bro, Now make me some silencers....

John Copeland said...

nice!!

Isaak M said...

looks like an old Monarch?

if you haven't, check out the Practical Machinist forums (there's a Monarch specific one on there). Great source of information.

Davidabl said...

"Mighty oak trees grow from tiny acrons."

It looks like you could practically build a motorcycle from scratch with that thing and your welder.

Anonymous said...

yep looks monarch, solid lathe max!

max schaaf said...

reed-prentice

Jet City Jughead said...

Hospitals generally don't skimp.

I bet you can peel 1/8th inch chunks off aluminum round bar with that.

The Reaper said...

that was a good day!

leon holmes said...

SCORE!

couldn't happen to a better person.

Shrewgy said...

I got a little gift I've been meaning to put in your hand. Ain't a lathe but I rescued it and think you'll appreciate it. Maybe this weekend.

miah said...

from summit?

max schaaf said...

high-land