Wednesday, February 9, 2011

anyone?

nick, i don't know?
but someone on here
has got to........



Seeing your moustache you a question post reminded me of a question I've had for a while. It's bike and skateboard related, so I figured you would be the man to ask.

I remember the attached photo was run as an ad in Thrasher magazine a good while ago. They replaced the real guys face with whoever the ad was for. It was probabyly run around 94 or 95. I was 14 or 15, but I can't remember for the life of me who was in it, or what company ran it. No one I've talked to remembers it. Do you have any recollection on this one?-Nick S.




.......solved------>
got sent this this morn
Max,
when i was a kid i used to keep a huge binder full of clear pages that i would fill with punk show fliers, skate/snow ads, and photos from the mags. i would rip out pages of stuff that stoked me out at the time. when i saw this post i recognized it immediately, went down to the basement and dug through the old rubbermades for the binder. attached is a camera phone pic of the ad...Joyride snowboards, Jason Carrougher, mystery solved, enjoy.
Sincerely,
Benjamin Fuller

11 comments:

Cris said...

It was a snowboard ad, actually. Hondo clothing or Joyride maybe.

Cris

Anonymous said...

broadway Joe

sean cullen said...

Try going to thrashers website I believe you can look all the old mags as a pdf....I might be wrong...

Anonymous said...

O.k. Jason Carrougher. Thanks Max, and thanks Mr. Fuller for digging that up. That pic got me amped on bikes in junior high.

Buster56 said...

It's Joe Namath, the famous Jets QB, in a clip from a movie he made in the early 70's

mag195455 said...

Hey! The movie was a B-biker flick with Joe Namath (NY Jets Quarterback) and Anne Margaret called C.C. Rider, early 70's.

flimsflam said...

You can't find him, he'll find you.....zzzzz

mag195455 said...

Movie was called CC&Company not C.C. Rider. Great bikes and Soundtrack.

Rigid Hips Stockholm said...

Max! Dude I just saw this post and see you already got it figured out, great. I wouldn't been able to help out here, after staring at the pic for quite some time I think I do remember it but it might just as well be my mind playing tricks on me, just like the Geto Boys, or wait - was that a Scarface solo song? See I have a terrible memory...

Unknown said...

Stoked to see that ad again. Joyride was such a rad and at the time really progressive company in the snowboard world before snowboarding changed into what we have today.

mag195455 said...

Man! I'm feeling old, I'm 56 years old and stoked on the picture of Joe Namath on the shovel from a movie i remember in my youth. I have no clue about snowboard dude. Generation Gap? You bet.It's what makes it fun.