Monday, March 29, 2010

--an email from:::

someone i've always looked up to.

i've always been a fan of
Lance Mountain. As a kid watching
the bones brigade videos... lance
was my favorite. i liked the way he
skated a lot but most of all i loved
his his humor. It seemed to me that
he was truly born a skateboarder...
and represented what i thought of as
a skateboarder. not afraid to slam,
a good push, a good style,an artist, a good
sense of humor, and good at a variety
of terrains. I don't think skating was/is
super easy for Lance. I think he had to work
hard to get as far as he has gotten. I respect
that so much. His first video part rules and his
new flip video part is amazing.
Lance thanks for being you.
-max-




from lance:
Got you email from Jon.
Gotten my old bike to run
fairly consistent now.
I check out you blog now
and then, rad.
Wanted to send you this photo of my dad,
It might explain some things about me to you.





9 comments:

Toecutter said...

I agree, Lance too me is skateboarding. Style humor he had it all. I admired that he built his own ramp(s) and changed it all the time. I thought that made him more real and wanted to skate ever if he had to make his own scene. I hate it in any circumstance that people claim " my town sucks theirs no scene" make your own i followed Lance attitude and Skated and created. Well skating and destroying is fun too. Ok I'm a fan:) Lances Future primitive deck is hanging on my wall above my desk

Unknown said...

I love what Frank Gerwer talks about in the spitfire add for the Lance Mountain wheels.

Anonymous said...

i still ride a boneite lance deck i have had since i was a little kid. don't know how it's still holding together. best skater ever in my opinion. totally underrated. saw him hanging out at max fish several months ago, was like i saw God.

Unknown said...

his part in the flip video blew my mind, eyes got all watery just like when i saw Guys part in fully flared. Plus hes genuinely just a good dude. Hero status.

Trawler said...

I believe his Dad was ex military and British. Could be one of those fold up paratroopers bikes that they chucked out of planes in the war.

cool pics. cool people.

Loo Ganida said...

Lance is the Fucking best!
learned how to have fun skating
because of him

"Daddyfrisco" Ray said...

WOW! you know Lance Mountain!!!

Unknown said...

The design of Lance Mountains pool looks really well thought out. Fun to carve and do lines but fun to shred as well.

nomiles said...

In the pic of Lance's father, he's riding a folding Brockhouse Corgi. They were the civilian version of the folding Welbike, a bike that British parachutists jumped out of planes with in WW2.

The Brockhouse Corgi was manufactured in Southport, Merseyside.

The Mark 1 (1947) was exported to the USA as the Indian Papoose, as Brockhouse had recently bought the Indian company name. As Mark 1s were not officially sold in UK, the Mark 2 was the first model available here, released in 1948.

Welbike info and pics...
http://home.earthlink.net/~flyboyken/id15.html