Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bavarian Garage find‏

this is a real story.
and the way this guy Bernhard
wrote it, reads amazing. thanks man, max






Hi Max,

it sounds german, anywhere.
I found your fictive story about your knuckle garage find.
It shows the dreams of everybody who are interessted in old vehicles, me two.
Since i was a child i look in every open house door to find motorcycles, to be a paperboy made it easier.
in the year of 2000. i visit a yamaha dealer who sales the new Bonneville in my work break.
In the selling room it stand a green one, but he says he also had a black one in the garage that i will see.
And that was the place where i found her. She stand in the corner with a thick shape of dust. At the headlamp glued an old paper and on it stands "Kundenfahrzeug" Customer biker, because in the past many came and ask to sell them. I get nearer and saw a real beaty under the dirt shape.
I asked him to sell them, but he promissed no way. It is the bike of an old friend, but he lost the driving license, twice, because of drinking to much, some years ago between his wild Rocker days. Now he has a bar and two childs, but he has the dreaming to get them back to road sometimes, but the childs, the woman..........
I asked him sometimes, at the end with a wine bootle to name me the owner.
Ok, he says, his name is.......... and he had a bar, in a very little town, the name of the bar is..... try your luck.
I took my girlfriend, at this time a russian girl, and drive to them.
His women ask what i will, i sayed i only want to speak with her man. "He issn´t here, ty it tomorrow.
I come tommorrow. He came to our table, sit down, looked in our eyes and was quit. I took out a lettercover with three pics of the bike in it and gave it to him. He took it and put out the pics. For a short moment i could see a man who looks like that he saw a loosen child after many years.
"No i could sell it!"
After three tries of begging, he says, give me a week and then i say finally no or yes.
After two weeks i came and ask him. He name me the price, it was no prive to talk about, it was a prive to accept, and i accept it.
Later he says, my russian girlfriend reminded him a his housewife, a very good woman, the positive feelings af this gave him the decission that i will be the right guy for his old love, the Chopper.

It ist an original old, maybe 30 years old build, and it has a registration, what is nearly inpossible to this time in Germany, i don´t know how, the builder made it but he made it.

Z750 B Twin engine.
Metalflake
All parts are molded
Chromed and
engraved
It runs since 30 years and it function very well
A perfect build i would say.

The first pictures are at the barn where i found it.

Now i have it restored and drive many miles on it.
In this winter i pulled out the engine, twice time, to make the things that are needed.

Hope you are like the true story.
I like your bikes and your way of livin.


Greeting from Germany

Bernhard Elflein, Berlin

16 comments:

Big Dirty said...

That was a great Read!! Thanks for sharing man

circus leo said...

sehr geil! danke

jbfrmca said...

funny how no matter who we are or where we are we all dig the same things. right on bernhard!

wishbone69 said...

Geil!
Hau rein :-)

Herr mEier said...

haha,great story+perfect 'denglish' too...

Chris Gasolin said...

Yeah my friend and brother Bernie!

Nice to see your Bike here! Gasolinas Forever!

Anonymous said...

wizard of everything worth waking up for. new best friend.bestfriend. best freind.

99% said...

hell fuckin yeah

Danny D. said...

kranken bruder!

Shrewgy said...

Fuckin Sick! Bernard wrote the story so well I almost shed a gawdamn tear at he end. He definitely deserves to own this bike. Did you see the engraving on those Kawi engine cases, schweet!

Davidabl said...

The story wouldn't be half as good if it was written in standard USA english..

Limlam said...

moldilicious

Cornbiter Deluxe said...

I really love choppers and bobbers based on japanese bikes. Makes me wish I had put the time and money into the beater 78 KZ1000 I had instead of selling it on.

DiamondFoundry said...

Hey Börny,
I was very surprized to find you here, coool, the world is fukkin small!!!
luv ya, Tommy

Half Fast said...

After being tracked down, the bar room dude sells his old ride because Bernie's G, a Russkie, reminded him of an old pump of his - ahh, the power of the hussy. Love romantic tales- they make me kinda misty inside ya know what I mean? This here story could be a movie- seriously. Good shit- real good shit.

Tim said...

Wow .
That poor guy sold him his long lost baby . It was like 'sophies choice '
Thank you so much . My faith in humanity is restored