Tuesday, January 26, 2010

..the world according to -jake-....

these types of posts
are some of my favorite.
real stories from real people.
not flicker. Jake was one of the
first younger guys i saw riding
around up north here. like me.. jake
would make the trek on his bike out to
port costa -alone- sit there for a few
then hit the road. now jake has a posse
of friends to ride with but either way
i'm sure he'd be out there. thanks so
much jake for sending these photos of
your dad and sharing the memory.
-max-



Max,
We got my Parents a contraption that converts slides into digital photos for christmas. I have been looking at a ton of pictures from my childhood, and when I asked my dad if he had any more pictures of his pan, these are some that he sent me. When the frame is orange, that is when my parents first met, before he had painted it. The little girls in the photos are some of my nieces. He told me that the headlight was from a catapillar tractor, but that it wasn't very bright, so he put the spotlight below it, I had never noticed that he was running two lights before. I actually got the air cleaner cover from him last time I was up there in Oregon. He made that by making a stencil, sanding the chrome cover, painting it black, and then painted the stencil. I guess he bought that truck from some dude in Oakland for 300 bucks. I am trying to get some pictures of the other two guys that he used to ride around with, nick rambo, and harry wolf. They both had pans too.






5 comments:

josh r said...

jake is a great dude. has some good stories about his father..

circus leo said...

thanks for sharing! great pictures

T1 said...

that's just fuckin too cool...! very nice

Anonymous said...

dog, truck, bike, chick ... life is complete

Throttle Merchants Photo said...

really like these photos and the Hugh Holland header pic looks rad