Monday, October 5, 2009

maxi-priest

Yo Maxi-Priest,

2nd gen FTW'er here.

I thought you and the 4Q readers might appreciate my pops on his BSA in September of 1962. He was a pup in the navy stationed in Jacksonville, Florida which was of course, the future home of Kona Skatepark and yours truly!

The second pic is pops with who was to become moms! They got married the next year, and I came along 3 years after that. Pops digressed into a world of metric cruisers whereas I grew up on a series of hondas (50, the Trail 70!! woo hoo!!) modded mopeds and other toys until I could get something worth riding.

Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about Pops and his badass BSA in the late summer of 1962.

Peace!




3 comments:

dave herr said...

they used tow straps on the handlebars to get it home, how bad ass is that.

epinut said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Throwback said...

Love that early 60's custom style. Great paint. The guy had taste in bikes and women.