Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...my friend annies grandfather.....

Max
I thought you would like the nose art from these old planes. Most of
them are from WWII and the Korean war. My grandfather was an engineer
and he designed a plane called the FRU Vought corsair. it was a
fighter plane and it was famous for its large engine and bent wings..
My grandfather died in in the early 1940's. Suffice to say I didnt
know him and I dont know that much about him to this day.
I was looking at the nose art because there was one Corsair named
Annie-Mo and I wanted to find out if the name had anything to do with
my great grandmother Annie. It didnt. anyway the art is super cool and
it made me think of something you might like.
below there are pic of his plane
annie






annie is also responsible for my peacock
stencils. her artwork is very cool check it
here...

4 comments:

Jet City Jughead said...

"My grandfather designed the Corsair."

In the game of mechanical story telling one-upsmanship, those five words kind of shut the conversation down, right?

And the picture taken from the canopy of the six fighters in formation - how many people have been in a position to take that picture?

Thanks for sharing.

scotthn said...

thats my favorite WWII plane......

BDI said...

http://nineteenseventy3.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post_07.html

BDI said...

http://nineteenseventy3.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post_07.html