Friday, April 1, 2016

thought for food/ a fools rambling/ planned arrogance destiny

       is there something wrong with us they we constantly need to convince others that our way is better than theirs?
  actions speak louder than words, but then pen is mightier than the sword. But most importantly i always thought that Yin Yang was spelled Ying Yang.
  but back to this.....I like to skate vert, its fast, and its a constant perfect wall in front of you, which some could argue is repetitive or boring. I get that, but its the shifting gears in speed from big air in 4th into the downshift into 3rd that makes the smith grind. Manipulation of a constant. But i"d never ever say vert is better than parks or street..... or pools! because honestly pools are probably the best. Boil it all down and at the end you get the backyard pool, coincidentally its the birth of it all. More or less. Moron blessed.
   So what i'm saying is, why do we have to say it so loud that -i ride farther than you, faster than you-, i knew about the band before you, seen them more than you, my map is more filled in than you, been traveling longer than you...... basically the things i do are better than the things you do, and the way i go about them is better too.
  what Im doing right now has been labeled as "egocentric ramblings" which is true. Singularly noted as well as dually noted.
 But what if i just like what i do. After 40 plus years I've landed on my feet, waved at a cute girl as i did, tripped and fell on my face.... and realized gee i like the view from down here.
 There's is no picture of the ocean i went in today, there is no handlebar shot of the ride the other evening, but what i do have is a firm belief in who i am and what makes me, me.  I may be selfish or may just like to be alone most days, i prefer driving with my dog in the truck than having a redundant conversation. But if you like that constant company thing,,,, fucking cool. That rules, i'm horrible at it. There are little military deck coats and chucka redwings with beanies biker dolls lined up waiting  to buy knuckleheads..... but that doesn't make us all the same. And god damn i actually really like that costume, now i have to think about it.

REQUIREMENTS;
1. WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM?

2. LET ME SEE YOUR 8TH GRADE PHOTO

3. CAN YOU PATCH A BICYCLE TIRE?

4.HAVE YOU EVER ASKED ANOTHER MAN ABOUT HIS BEARD (IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION)

5. DID YOU REALLY "I USED TO SKATE" NEEED PHOTO.... NO PHOTO= FAKIE ROCK 6FT QUATER PIPE. OR WALK THROUGH STARBUCKS NUDE WITH SKATEBOARD.....BECAUSE THAT IS JUST PARTIALLY WHAT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE TO BE A SKATER WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

6. WHEN YOU WERE A "CRUSTY" DID YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE?

7. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR TIMING.... RETARDED OR ADVANCED?

8. HAVE YOU EVER GONE DOWN ON A FEMALE WHILE SHE HAD A YEAST INFECTION?.......IF SO, DO TELL. THEN EXPAND ON THAT SUBJECT.

9. AND NOW WE WILL NEED A PHOTO FROM 10 YEARS AGO, AND YOUR REAL BIRTH NAME AND THE SECURITY CODE ON THE BACK OF YOUR CREDIT CARD.

10. WHY ARE YOU?

          bye,

phife.... RIp. thanks for the soundtrack in the 90's



this fucker is a bad ass. i give him as much as i can, and one look from his eyes destroys my heart


joel chaves in the 80's.  Joel kind of looked homeless, liked to play tennis, and skated like he'd never seen another human ever skate. Some sort of idiot savant. This photo is truly unbelievable to me and gets me very "stoked"






tight

thanks for stopping by

11 comments:

BitMonkey said...

I'm a little worried it's because we're both just old guys but I absolutely love this post. Weirdly well said.

Unknown said...

Probably a hardwired human instinct more than anything. If you boil down the human race's egotistical ways (Which we are all fucking guilty of in some way) its all about being the alpha male and winning the attention (read:- "genital contact") with the best females.

I used to work with a guy who always needed to have a one-up story. EG: "That's nothing, one time I Blah Blah Blah"........ We used to take it in turns during knock off beers to tell slightly more and more unrealistic fabrications to see how far he would take it. Not sure he ever realized.

PS: Always was a shit skater

Sidecar Roy said...

That Yeast infection thing, yeah, did that. Got said yeast infection in my forskin. Does that make me punk or just a gentile?

JLuf said...

Requirements #2 #3 and #6! Nailed it. Also a photo from 10 years ago would be pretty telling about people. I've always preferred the company of dogs to humans but don't consider myself anti social one bit. Weird

Unknown said...

True passion speaks for itself. It almost appears effortless. Those who try too hard look like they're trying too hard. They are not just trying to convince others, but ultimately trying to convincing themselves.

Louis David said...

I feel good with my yuppie uniform and my sportser; and you re dammn right about the egocentric shit. It s so common we dont notice it anymore.Getting old rules sometimes

Sheabones said...

I love these posts because you get me thinking about like six things at the same time. I used to think that ego stood for "Everybody's Got One." Then I met a guy who told me that if there's something in your head that needs to get out of your head, nobody else is going to write it, build it, sing it, paint it for you. Then does ego become art? And if it's honest does it matter if everyone else is doing it too? Or if they did it first or better? I don't know. But I do know that somebody once said, "Comparison is the thief of joy." And I totally agree with that.

max schaaf said...

eric....
yep. so true.

Dan said...

rad photos. im still hung up on that footy smithers. holy hell thats a good one. saying that I started skating in 1983 is starting to feel weird but I like it. you know the drill, were lifers.

rmoore said...

You did life your way, nothing richer than that..

Tony d. said...

Good call.